Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kamakazi Cardinal

Over the last three or four weeks we have had a male cardinal flying into the window in the dining room.

I would hear this thump, thump, thump, thump over and over again. I finally tracked it down to this male cardinal flying into the window. He would sit on the ledge of the window and jump up and fly into the window. He would fly off when I came into the room, but soon after I left, he would return with his thump, thump again. I thought that if I put some pictures of a hawk in the window that this would scare him off. I got on the computer and found a couple of pictures and printed them out. I taped them to the window and it seemed that it worked.


After about an hour, I heard the thump, thump again. This time he was at the small window in the hallway. I put a picture in it too. Now, he went back to the dining room window.
Not to be stopped, I put a picture of a lion in the windows. This did not stop him at all. And so, he continues to bump into the window continuously. Both of the windows.

KC

Why does he do this; you ask? My understanding is that he see his reflection in the window and is trying to chase it away. Cardinals are territorial; I guess. I know that he is building a nest in the tree in front of the house. ( In his spare time, when, he's not chasing himself.)

But he is only doing what cardinals do; you can't expect them to do anything else. Maybe that's where the term 'bird brain' came from. There is a spiritual lesson here if you can understand it.
What am I to know, though; I'm just a retired person.



5 comments:

  1. I really hope that KC will make an appearance while I am home. I would love to see this! Maybe during Easter lunch??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i meant to ask, what's the difference between tga and TGA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to comment that we are going over two weeks now without a tga update... just commenting though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. is the tga keeping you too busy to blog?! we want an update!!

    ReplyDelete