Thursday, March 18, 2010

21st Century Power

Yesterday, as I was coming home, I passed a lot in our addition on which no one had ever built a house. However, I knew that the owner had sold the lot and had seen some activity on it last fall. Now, there was lots of activity. Trees were being felled and hauled off. How it was being done was very interesting and I thought that I would go and take some pictures. But, being a t.g.a.er, I didn't get around to it. However, as I was going into Mooresville this morning, they were at it again. I stopped and asked if I could come back and take some pictures and the man that I talked to said yes.
So, here are some pictures of how things are done in the 21st century.
Draft Horses

Waiting to be hitched up

Pulling a log

It didn't look as though they were making much effort

Some things have to be done more 20th century

Beautiful animals.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe this?! This is absolutely crazy!!! I wish I had seen it! I love it!!! The horses are beautiful.

    Sidenote- that piece of property is going to be so different. Do you know what they are doing? Clearing the land for a house? Or for more of a driveway with the house near the pond?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how neat! i agree that i wish i could have seen it. they horses are beautiful! do you know why the were using the horses? maybe you'll have amish neighbors!

    ReplyDelete