Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring is coming - 2010

Today, we have sun. A very welcome sight, since we haven't had much sun in February. The snow is melting off and thoughts of starting flower and vegetable seeds are occupying a lot of my thinking.


A view from the front window in late January

I received an e-mail from Burpee that my order has been shipped. I have one other order that needs to arrive.
Last years tomatoes were a bust. I found out that they were a bust for everyone in Indiana. But, that never deters a gardener. We are the most optimistic group of people that you'll ever find.
Last year, I started my plants in early March. That was too early, as I found out. The plants were huge by the time I planted them in the gardens. This year, I'm waiting, very anxiously, until late March or vary early April.
Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll put out spinach and lettuce. A good salad is on the way.
If you read this and are a gardener, may all of your seeds germinate.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a blessing of seed germination! :) Love it dad, made me smile. Can't wait to participate in the bounty of fresh fruits and veggies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if only we had a yard...

    your green thumb has maybe worn off on mine!

    ReplyDelete