Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Work Day

Last Saturday Gloria and I worked with about 130 other Mooresvillites at a Mooresville Ministerial Association's work day. I had the privilege of heading up the gardening project, while others did electrical, window, and general repair work. The site was at the Country Manor estates trailer park.
We planted flowers at several trailers and around the entrances.
We were served breakfast at 8:00 AM and got started soon after. There were about 20 gardener/helpers. At lunch time were were just about finished with our gardening projects which was about 12:00.
Gloria and I left about 1:00 PM while others stayed on to finish up their projects.
It was very nice seeing Christians of different denominations come together and serve the Lord.
We were both very tired. I took a 4 hour nap, and went to bed early that night.
Today, the Mooresville TIMES had an article about the work day with a picture of some of the gardeners working. The caption indicated that Gloria Paschal (left) was heading the effort to plant flowers at the entrance to the park. Only, it wasn't Gloria; it was someone else in the picture. So, I guess she only gets 7 and a half minutes of fame.
But, it wasn't for her/our glory any way; as, you all know.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I was shocked to see an update! :) Sounds like a good time dad! I'm glad you were able to use your gardening smarts to help out the community. I'm sure the flowers look beautiful and were done really well. :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete