Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The TRIP - Day 6

June 18, 2009

After a continental breakfast, we took a walk in the garden that was on the hotel grounds. It was as nice as I remembered from 15 years ago.

Larry and Wanda in the Garden

We left to go to Hilo Hatties to buy some shirts. When we went in we were given pukka shell neckless and stopped by a jewelry sales woman who was giving a deal on pearls which you got by opening oysters. Gloria picked one and opened it. It had two pink pearls in it. We picked out a setting for it which had room for three pearls. The sales woman gave us a third pearl. It was my gift to Gloria for our 35 anniversary .

The saleswoman was interesting. She complimented me on Colts hat and asked me where I was from. I told her that I was from Indianapolis. She said that she grew up in Indy, and that she had been in the Islands for about 15 years. I asked her where she went to high school and she replied Tech. Then, I asked where she went to grade school and she said PS 78. That's where I went to grade school. She lived a couple of blocks from school, but graduated about 15 years after I did. Its a small world.

From there, we went site seeing. We saw several falls and cliffs at the seaside.

One of Several Water Falls that We Saw

We stopped off for lunch at a 50s restaurant and had desert at a bakery. We bought extras for breakfast the next day.

The 50s Style Restaurant the We Stopped at

Gloria and I at Paradise Point

After getting back to the condo, we rested in preparation for supper at Bongo Ben's.

Yes, There is a Bongo Ben's

So, we finished another day in paradise.


No comments:

Post a Comment