Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The TRIP - Day 9

June 21, 2009

I received phone calls from 3 wonderful daughters and a great son-in-law today wishing me a happy Fathers Day. I opened the card that Suzanne sent me with instructions not to open it until Fathers Day, which I had had for about three weeks. I have some very special daughters.

We went to church at a store front Baptist church. Since it was Fathers Day, the preacher talked on fathers. The service was very good. Afterward, we talked to the pastor who told us that he has been doing a beach ministry for 30 years, and that they have had the building for about 3 years. We planned to go to the service on the beach next week.

Beach Ministry Community Church

After the service, we went to lunch and for a short drive. We, then, sat on the beach for awhile enjoying the sun.

Larry on the Beach
Wanda on the Beach
Gloria on the Beach

A Critter on the Beach

We went to a very nice restaurant for supper and then a short walk on the beach.

The Four Tourist at Dinner

The View from our Restaurant at Sunset

Before going back to the condo, we stopped by the grocery store for some supplies.

1 comment: